Government Resolution approved the Russian Language Federal Targeted Programme for 2016−2020.
The programme is designed to promote the use, spread and proliferation of the Russian language as a fundamental element of national identity, cultural and educational unity of the multinational Russian society, and effective international dialogue.
The programme’s goals are:
- to improve conditions for the all-round development of Russian as the official language of the Russian Federation and the language of inter-ethnic communication;
- to ensure the efficiency and accessibility of studying Russian as a native, non-native and foreign language;
- to improve conditions for developing the personnel and methodological potential of Russian language studies;
- to improve conditions for promoting the Russian language, Russian culture and Russian-language schooling in other countries.
The implementation of the Programme by the end of 2020 provides for increasing the following:
- the number of teachers using new methods of teaching Russian, including with the use of information technology: by 2.5 times;
- the number of professional translators of literary works written in the languages of the peoples of Russia: by 2.5 times;
- the amount of quality online sources, which the citizens of Russia and other countries can use to study Russian and receive information about the Russian language, education and culture: by 10 times;
- the share of Russian-language schools (courses) abroad that receive targeted assistance, including teaching materials on various media: by 1.5 times;
- the number of qualified Russian language teachers abroad who have completed advanced and onsite training: by 4 times;
- the amount of textbooks, teaching aids and non-fiction books and magazines on the Russian language, literature and culture provided to Russian language centres in the CIS countries: by 2.2 times;
- the number of participants in cultural and educational events related to the Russian language and culture: by 10 times.
The projected allocations for the Programme have been approved at 7.6 billion roubles.