Transcript of the beginning of the meeting:
Dmitry Medvedev: Mr Prime Minister, welcome to Moscow. We made sure the weather would be like this for your visit, so that you know that summers are hot in Russia, as well. I hope that we will discuss a variety of issues. This is the first visit by a Prime Minister of Fiji to Russia in the history of Russian-Fijian relations. This visit has quite a busy schedule.
We will discuss various issues, including the development of economic ties and tourism between our two countries and coordination of our policies with regard to international issues.
Voreqe Bainimarama (via interpreter): Thank you, Mr Prime Minister, for having us here today, especially at such a pleasant time, a great time of the year. The warm weather in Russia bodes well for our visit. I hope this good sign will contribute to the success of our team in the Rugby World Cup here in Moscow.
Dmitry Medvedev: We'll be rooting for two teams, yours and ours.
* * *
Several documents were signed at the end of the Russian-Fijian intergovernmental talks in the presence of the prime ministers of both countries
List of documents:
– Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Fiji on military-technical cooperation;
– Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Fiji on mutual abolition of visa requirements for Russian citizens and citizens of the Republic of Fiji;
– Agreement between the Federal Service for Financial Monitoring of the Russian Federation and the Financial Intelligence Unit of the Republic of Fiji on cooperation in the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism;
– Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Fiji;
– Memorandum of Understanding between the Far Eastern Federal University and the Fiji National University.