The Government has endorsed a concept for the long-term socio-economic development of the Russian Federation until 2020 (hereinafter referred to as the concept) by directive No 1662-r of November 17, 2008.The concept was elaborated in line with the President’s instruction following a State Council session of July 21, 2006.
The goal of the concept is to determine the ways and means of ensuring steady improvement in the living standards of Russian citizens, national security, dynamic economic development and consolidation of Russia’s positions in the world arena.
In pursuit of this goal, the concept formulates:
- the priorities of national long-term socio-economic development, taking into account future challenges;
- a strategy for reaching the set goals, including methods, areas of focus and stages;
- forms and mechanisms of strategic partnership of the state, business and society;
- goals, targeted figures, priorities and main tasks of long-term national policy in the social, scientific and technological spheres, and structural economic reforms;
- foreign economic goals and priorities;
- parameters, goals and tasks for the territorial development of the national economy.